Deadline Approaching- Ray Grimm Memorial Award
Call for Entry – 2014 Ray Grimm Memorial Award – ($1500)
OPA is privileged to celebrate the life and work of Ray Grimm this third year. The generous donations for this award make possible the Grimm Family’s support to arts educators and students. OPA, with the family’s approval the award was increased last year to $1500. The goal is to reach as many students as possible with these funds. As before these funds will be awarded to an OPA member who is teaching in private or public institutions, community or adult education.
Call for Entry
- Applicants must be Oregon Potters Association members in good standing.
- Applicants must be educators anywhere within Oregon and SW Washington area instructing students in the Visual Arts. The institution may be private or public schools – elementary, secondary and high school or at college level, community based classes or adult education. Privately teaching in your studio does not qualify.
- OPA members who only instruct through Clay in Education do not qualify.
- The applicant must complete a proposal, maximum one page (no font less than 11) outlining and explaining how the funds would be utilized to aid and enrich their students. The award may be used to fund equipment, materials and supplies, field trips, or bring in outside instruction – just to name a few. Your proposal should start with your name and address, and the name and address of the school or institution where the funds will be used, digital photographs can accompany your submissions.
- Applications are to be received electronically or by post by Friday, April 5th, midnight PDT
Download the prospectus. 2014 Ray Grimm Memorial Award