There are six general meetings per year. January, May, July, and November. General meetings are followed by a clay related presentation. The September meeting occurs at our annual picnic. The March meeting includes a large potluck followed by booth selection for our annual show.
General Meetings are at Multnomah Art Center
The last 3 years of presentations at the OPA General Meetings have been exciting. While the March meeting is always a pot-luck dinner and Booth Choosing for Showcase, and the September meeting is always our annual Picnic, the other four annual meetings are an opportunity to hear a great talk, watch a slide show, or be introduced to new people and techniques through demo’s and lectures.
- The Hokkaido Group shared their exciting trip and exhibition
- A hands-on workshop of Printing on Clay
- A talk by our best-of-show new member Sol Zimmerdahl
- The panel of 4 speakers on Texture and Surface Decoration
- Natalie Warrens presented a demo on Low-fire Bright-color Underglazes
- Kris Paul gave a talk on Naked Raku
- A Wheel Throwing Demo by best-of-Showcase winner T. Duong
- A panel of 3 talked about Making Complex Pots
- We started the year with a hands-on workshop Painting Clay Tiles led by Jan Edwards
- Dylan Beck, from OCAC, introduced us to 3-D Printing with Clay
- Washington artist Elinor Maroney gave a slide show about her Year in Nicaragua with Indigenous Potters
Board and Coordinators Meeting
Ceramic Showcase Committee Meetings