Minnesota Flat Top car kiln - complete with everything!
With NEW double-wall, lined, stainless-steel stack, burners, safety system, thermocouples, blower, shelves, posts, tracks, building & firing instructions.
Made with 600 hard brick,13 hard bible brick, 840 soft brick, with 24 12 x 24 good mullite shelves- some new, three 12 x 24 Advancer shelves, I'm keeping one! 4-8 silicon carbide shelves. See 24 photos on OPA member chat page. Price negotiable.
CONTACT – JEANNE HENRY 503-267-2727 -Inner SE Portland
- Roof brackets & kiln cart made by Nils Lou, plus his instructions for building & firing the kiln, layer by layer. (And, If I can find them, layer by layer photographs.)
A VERY clean burning gas kiln, during heavy reduction, you can see to the back wall. There was never detectible smoke from the stack, fires with propane natural gas. It all comes apart so you can make it taller to fit your needs. It is easy to load, you can see what you’re doing on all 4 sides, load/unload without stressing you back!
Why am I selling it? It’s just too big for me now at almost 75.
- Wheeled kiln cart rolls into studio on two 10 ½’ lengths of steel brackets that attach to the+ two 9’ lengths secured to floor.
- Two burners, with safety system, thermocouples, squirrel cage blower, (lengths of 2” gas lines available)
- New double walled, fiber-lined stainless-steel stack, with hard brick stack & damper system.
- All the shelves listed above. Hard brick posts.
- I still have 2x4 supports for the roof construction and a huge right-angle device to true up the sides when building to keep it square.